Saturday, May 8, 2010

Am I a dork?

This morning I found out we have a Modern Quilting Guild here on the Central Coast! I'm so excited!!!!! For a while I've felt a little jealous of all you America quilters with all  of your amazing modern quilting parties, and now I can be a part of the fun! My husband thinks I'm such a dork for getting so excited about this, but I've told him "This is as cool as quilting gets - so be grateful, it could be a lot worse."

Now, this is a cool quilt don't you think. This belongs to Leanne, who started the Guild here -she was so much fun to talk with. I haven't seen this much Flea Market Fancy in a quilt in a while. Its great to know there are other quilters who love fresh funky fabric who live just around the corner.


I also have some VERY exciting news to share about a previously mentioned mystery quilt. It will be appearing in Down Under Quilts Magazine next month! And it gets even better, I'll tell you all about it in the next few days along with a full picture of the quilt. But I can tell you I'm grinning from ear to ear phoning all of my family and friends - maybe I am a dork!

9 comments:

  1. That's sooooo exciting! I'm wondering if there's one in Brisbane somewhere that I haven't heard about yet?

    Love FMF - such a great range of fabric!

    I've never done a mystery quilt before, it sounds like fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe I have a cousin who is being "published" - you truely are awesome & if you are a dork then I want to be a dork too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! So glad that you found the guild there. I love that quilt, just bright and beautiful. Congratulations on being in Down Under Quilts!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO not a dork! I can't wait to see the quilt in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate,

    If that makes you a dork, its something i would certainly aspire to. Congatulations!
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a dork my darling.. im super excited too.. been telling everyone... cant wait to get involved... loved catching up yesterday.. Ally xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! I love your comment to your husband...sounds like a convo I would have with mine! I can totally relate about the excitement a local group of modern quilters brings...we had our 1st meeting here in OKC just yesterday : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys!!! Appreciate the love and being able to share my good news. Will keep you posted! Glad to hear I'm not a dork (or that I'm surrounded by other like minded dorks hehe). xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahaha Todd's a fine one to talk! You're both dorks!! But we love you and your dorkiness! And I'm glad you've found a local 'club'... Love Princess (you have to guess who think is... shouldn't be hard!) P.S. Super excited for you and your 'mystery quilt'!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com