Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baby Blessing

Grace was blessed by her daddy today. She's such a treasure.




Life is good... and busy.

I feel the need to give back a little to those doing it tough. Cheryl over at Naptime Quilter has launched "Quilts Recover" - a wonderful initiative, providing finished quilts to communities ravaged by disaster.



I'd love to send over a quilt but living in Australia and Cheryl in Canada, I think the cost of sending over a finished lap sized quilt could be considerable. Cheryl has asked for completed quilts only. If I completed a quilt top, would anybody (who lives closer) be interested in adding the batting and backing, quilting it and sending it on? I'm sure we can find a way to work together :)

11 comments:

  1. Cute baby girl xx Im getting excited for your visit!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quilt all of my quilts on my home machine, but I'm definitely not a professional by any means (I mostly stick with variations on straight line quilting and stippling). If you don't get any other interest, I'd be happy to help you finish a quilt and send it on for you. I'm in the US, not Canada, but it's definitely a step closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am not a professional but would be happy to finish it for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate
    I live in Vancouver - MUCH closer to Calgary! I may be interested in helping finish the quilt! I do all my quilting myself. How big would the quilt be? Would you be okay with something simple - straight lines or basic stippling or loops?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate,
    I would love to help. I just happen to live in Calgary, so if you want to send your finished quilt top, I would happily finish it for you. I may even get to hand deliver it to Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet family you have! Today must have been baby blessing today....we went to 3 in one day! Have a good one - Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little serious face!! Love the family pic and I love Dane's haircut too.
    I saw Cheryl's post on Quilts Recover and wanted to get involved too but the cost to send a completed quilt is prohibitive, how clever to work together with overseas blogging friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful family. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, she is adorable! The whole family is.
    Thanks for sharing the info on Quilts Recover. And I love that this is becoming a world-wide group effort! Such generous folks! And yes, Katherine, you could definitely hand deliver it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely family ! Congrats on your baby's blessing.
    Love your blog, always a pleasure to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com